Engineering in the context of design is the ability to understand and contribute to the various technologies and frameworks that are used in the designer’s context.
- Understands and has experience in the engineering lifecycle of a product from ideation to market launch.
- Understands a basic language / framework (HTML/Bootstrap).
- Knows design tokens.
- Understands accessibility related things to implementation.
- Builds html prototypes, webpages.
- Optimizes and helps others review their code.
- Understands more complex languages / frameworks (Python, React).
- Uses components and APIs.
- Develops with accessibility in mind.
- Create components.
- Code review (not only structure but accessibility).
- Develops standalone sites and apps.
- Teaches frameworks or advanced languages (angular/html/etc) to others.
- Proven track record.
- Create APIs.
- Platform & technologies.
- Create design systems.
- You are a recognized, industry expert in Engineering.
- Ideate Successful APIs.
- Have successful, robust design systems used in the market.
- Industry leader at the intersection of Design and Technology.
- Colm Tuite, Brent Jackson, Jon Gold.