Who Designs at Liferay?
Design is a team sport — while our athletic accomplishments are limited, our commitment to building a strong team is not. We firmly believe in going far together — what this looks like is passion for producing excellence and a patient tenacity to make improvements over time.
To learn more about who you'd be working with, get acquainted with the team!
Who Are We Looking For?
We need designers to add value in a variety of customer projects being built on our core product, Liferay DXP. Recent work has included complex financial products, an intranet for auto manufacturers, and a storefront for a national retailer.
You’ll work independently, guiding stakeholders along the entire design process from research and strategy to implementation, iterating along the way.
We care deeply about designing great experiences that solve real-world business problems, and we do it without sacrificing our aesthetic standards.
You’ll have plenty of variety, sometimes the projects are flashy and exciting — other times they’re employee intranets. Either way, we promise you won’t get bored as there are a lot of opportunities for you to help us make Liferay a more design-infused company!
What will your first year look like?
- 3-4 shipped projects, with as many high-fidelity projects ready for development
- Contributed robust patterns to our Figma component library
- Increased the level of quality that our whole team is able to produce
Important bullet points we’re looking for:
- History of shipping products in a variety of industries
- Excited about creating and sharing resources like tools and libraries
Are We A Good Fit?
How Do Liferay’s Core Values Look in the Design Team?
- Produce excellence — we strive to become masters in our craft, doing the right thing even if no one notices.
- Lead by serving — we’re all willing to do the unglamourous work and always looking for opportunities to help others.
- Value people — we listen first and believe that everyone can contribute because there is strength in diversity.
- Grow and get better — we’re always learning, when we find ways to improve our designs we take them, when we make mistakes we admit, apologize, and move forward. We fail a lot, but we aren’t failures because we learn and improve.
- Stay nerdy — we live and breath design, but we also have passions outside of work — rock climbing, coffee, photography, writing — and pursue them to the n-th degree.
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration. Think Patagonia’s commitment to the environment, just extended to the whole world. Some initiatives that we’ve recently worked in are fighting human trafficking, helping foster youth, and serving refugees.
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 40 hours per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of your choice.
- 2.5 weeks of vacation + 10 holidays.
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally.
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design.
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Tell us why you’d be a great culture-add at Liferay
- Resume or LinkedIn Profile
- Portfolio link