Remote Friendly, Based in LATAM
Establishing a strong design practice across Latin America is a high priority for our business. We’re looking for a senior designer with experience as a first-hire that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously working with our existing team based in Brazil to continue cultivating a strong design culture there and beyond. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in North America, Europe, and Asia that are excited to build with you.
About This Position
Primarily, you’ll be working with one of our product teams working on our core platform, interfacing directly with prospects and customers along the complete software development lifecycle. Secondly, you’ll mentor junior designers based out of our Recife office, and lead the expansion of our design practice across more countries in Latin America.
Your first 90 days will be:
- Get to know the people, processes, and systems
- Onboard into multiple projects in various stages
- Add value with your perspective and experience leading projects in alignment with our design organization
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Design leadership experience: Contribute as an expert with deep knowledge in one or more product design verticals — and have experience leading people.
- Communication skills: Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. You’ll go far if you can demonstrate this!
- Collaboration: you can drive consensus and compromise without sacrificing business goals.
- English: Conversational
- Portuguese: Fluent
What do I need to apply?
- Link to your website that includes case studies and work relevant to design operations
- Cover letter: Brief note with feedback on liferay.design/handbook
Cover letter? Do you really read them?
Yes! It doesn't need to be formal — really all we're looking for is a brief response to the prompt.
Note that applications sans cover letter are typically rejected post-haste.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Attractive benefits
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally
- Flexible schedule
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Liferay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.