Remote Friendly, Based in Brazil
We make a world-class platform for some of the largest enterprises out there to build dynamic and data-driven user experiences. We’re looking for a senior product designer with strong interaction skills to evolve the experience across our platform in the area of Orchestrate. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and North America that are excited to build with you.
Liferay’s Orchestrate area is looking for a designer to create engaging experiences in our exciting low-code, workflow feature set! You will work across the Software Development Lifecycle to take complex business requirements from buyer personas and design delightful interactions for end users.
Who Are We Looking For?
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Empathetic interaction — You’ll be designing for highly technical IT administrators, non-technical business users, and everyone in-between. You know how to understand your users and design for the edges, not the average.
- Engineering Foundation — Designing a low-code product means having a solid grasp of the engineering behind it so that you can more effectively design solutions for business users.
- Collaboration — Working inside of our core platform (Liferay DXP) means considering the greater context and working with other teams is essential. You’re an active listener and can communicate your ideas effectively, and your designs shine as a result.
- 3+ years experience delivering end to end designs for products and not just sites
- Problem-solving skills to translate complex business processes into streamlined user experiences
- Owned or worked within design systems that you regularly contributed to and helped evolve
- Experience leading a visual design direction for a new or redesigned product that accounts for accessibility requirements
- Advanced or Fluent in English to communicate with the global design team and stakeholders
- Low-code and workflow experience
- Design research knowledge
- Business acumen. Understanding of business principles
- English: Advanced or Fluent
- Portuguese: Fluent
How Do Liferay’s Core Values Look in the Design Team?
- Produce excellence — we strive to become masters in our craft, doing the right thing even if no one notices.
- Lead by serving — we’re all willing to do the unglamourous work and always looking for opportunities to help others.
- Value people — we listen first and believe that everyone can contribute because there is strength in diversity.
- Grow and get better — we’re always learning, when we find ways to improve our designs we take them, when we make mistakes we admit, apologize, and move forward. We fail a lot, but we aren’t failures because we learn and improve.
- Stay nerdy — we live and breathe design, but we also have passions outside of work — rock climbing, coffee, photography, writing — and pursue them to the n-th degree.
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration. Think Patagonia’s commitment to the environment, just extended to the whole world. Some initiatives that we’ve recently worked in are fighting human trafficking, helping foster youth, and serving refugees.
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 40 hours per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of your choice.
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally.
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design.
- A positive and collaborative work culture
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Cover letter telling us why you’d be a great culture-add at Liferay
- Resume or LinkedIn Profile
- Portfolio link
We're transparent in how we hire, feel free to read through our hiring process.
Liferay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.