Remote Friendly, Based in Brazil
We’ve had an informal DesignOps team that consists of a few people on and off, coming together to collaborate to build or improve processes, procure tools, create business strategies, and plan department events. Demand for design at Liferay has grown to the point where dedicated operations is an organizational priority. We need you to join us and help us drive key initiatives to scale our efforts and multiply the investments we’ve made, providing long-term value.
What will my first year look like?
You’ll make an impact by taking our currently loosely documented hiring process, partner with our HR team to document, measure, and improve it. We need to grow the team by 15-30% this year and improving our hiring is key to achieve that.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with design leadership to develop clear success metrics for all designers.
- Partner with our Information Services department to procure and implement tooling.
- Improve our handbook with direct contributions and working with design managers to ensure the necessary documentation from all design teams is up-to-date.
- Coordinate 2 internal department virtual events
What do I need to succeed?
- Communication: if we’ve learned anything from being fully remote for the last 9+ months, proactive, effective communication skills are a must. Fluency in English is a must.
- Organization: you are meticulous and thorough — from planning to execution.
- Collaboration: you can drive consensus and compromise without sacrificing business goals.
What will help me stand out?
- Technical expertise: or at least curiosity — we use a monorepo for a lot of work.
- Business acumen: with the amount of work we have, planning and prioritization are key.
- Operations experience: design ops is a relatively new function — we aren’t expecting everyone to have this on their CV, but any experience in an operations function helps!
What do I need to apply?
- Link to your website that includes case studies and work relevant to design operations
- Cover letter: Brief note with feedback on liferay.design/handbook
Cover letter? Do you really read them?
Yes! It doesn't need to be formal — really all we're looking for is a brief response to the prompt.
Note that applications sans cover letter are typically rejected post-haste.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Attractive benefits
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally
- Flexible schedule
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Liferay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.