Are you an experienced designer looking to take the next step in your career, joining a global creative team?
Communication Design at Liferay partners primarily with Liferay’s Marketing, Sales, and Human Resources (at Liferay, we call them People) teams to achieve business results by design.
You’ll be the first Communication Designer in our Latin American HQ, collaborating with regional leaders in other functions to support their initiatives:
- Sales & Marketing — providing creative leadership for campaigns, events, and other materials
- Human Resources — supporting local and global initiatives to improve the employee experience
You are a highly collaborative designer who has worked within brand guidelines, pushing them to their limits and making them better than ever.
What will my first year look like?
One of your first initiatives will be working with the global team to articulate foundational aspects of our brand. Every department sees our brand promise in a different way. We need to figure out what’s at the core, and get alignment so we can all more effectively contribute to building brand value.
Other early projects will include working with the global design team and the local Marketing and Events teams to design and produce work required for our events — from branded giveaways to all the new digital assets we’ll need to create in the new paradigm of remote events.
Additionally, you will:
- Partner with local marketing and HR leadership to provide creative direction and production that supports their business strategy.
- Collaborate with the global design team to make our design system / brand guidelines / style guides more cohesive.
- Contribute to developing a framework for measuring and plan for improving the Liferay brand.
- Expand and improve existing brand guidelines and resources, proactively communicating to drive self-service.
What do I need to succeed?
- Communication: if we’ve learned anything from being fully remote for the last 9+ months, proactive, effective communication skills are a must. English fluency is a must, Spanish would be helpful but is not required.
- Art Direction: you have a strong portfolio and help others raise the bar within an existing brand ecosystem.
- Digital Marketing: guiding stakeholders through the creative process to achieve design excellence in event marketing, social media, and presentations.
What will help me stand out?
- People management: developing a team’s skills and careers.
- Business acumen: case studies where you achieved business objectives with quality visual design.
- Videography: xperience in video production is valuable as we work with a lot of media contractors to produce content for marketing and events.
What do I need to apply?
- Portfolio link
- Cover letter (nothing formal) with a few sentences of feedback on our brand.
Cover letter? Do you really read them?
Yes! It doesn't need to be formal — really all we're looking for is a brief response to the prompt.
Note that applications sans cover letter are typically rejected post-haste.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Attractive benefits
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally
- Flexible schedule
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Liferay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.