Role & Requirements
Liferay’s core product team is looking for a designer to create engaging experiences in our exciting low-code, workflow feature set! You will work across the SDLC (software development lifecycle) to take complex business requirements from buyer personas and design delightful interactions for end users. Check out this recent post from one of the team to get an idea of the type of work you’ll be doing.
What do I need to succeed?
In addition to a strong foundation in core design skills — type, color, layout — a background, or at least a demonstrable passion for these skills is necessary:
- Empathetic interaction: You’ll be designing for highly technical IT administrators, non-technical business users, and everyone in-between. You know how to understand your users and design for the edges, not the average.
- Engineering Foundation: Designing a low-code product means having a solid grasp of the engineering behind it so that you can more effectively design solutions for business users.
- Collaboration: Working inside of our core platform (Liferay DXP) means considering the greater context and working with other teams is essential. You’re an active listener and can communicate your ideas effectively, and your designs shine as a result.
What will help me stand out?
- Low-code/workflow experience: You’ll have plenty of mentorship, there are two other senior designers who have experience in this area, but if you can bring expertise in this field, all the better!
- Design research: Did we mention that this role requires a deep understanding of a variety of people? Having a background in research and experience in a variety of methods would be very helpful.
- Business acumen: Having a good understanding of business principles is great, if you know how an enterprise business operates, even better!
What do I need to apply?
- Link to your website that includes recent, relevant case studies
- Cover letter (nothing formal!) with 3-5 sentences about your experience working in low-code environments.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience;
- Attractive benefits;
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally;
- Flexible schedule;
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values