Who Designs at Liferay?
Design is a team sport — while our athletic accomplishments are limited, our commitment to building a strong team is not. We firmly believe in going far together — what this looks like is passion for producing excellence and a patient tenacity to make improvements over time.
To learn more about our growing team check out our team page!
Who Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for a seasoned and talented Product Designer with strong skills in Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Usability, who can create low fidelity prototypes but also achieve good final designs. We’re looking for a designer with sharp intuition who’s comfortable talking about design as it relates to the needs of the business.
We care deeply about designing great experiences that solve real-world business problems, and we do it without sacrificing our aesthetic standards.
Important bullet points we’re looking for:
- Must speak English fluently
- History of shipping products in a variety of industries
- Excited about creating and sharing resources like tools and libraries
Are We A Good Fit?
How Do Liferay’s Core Values Look in the Design Team?
- Produce excellence — we strive to become masters in our craft, doing the right thing even if no one notices.
- Lead by serving — we’re all willing to do the unglamorous work and always looking for opportunities to help others.
- Value people — we listen first and believe that everyone can contribute because there is strength in diversity.
- Grow and get better — we’re always learning, when we find ways to improve our designs we take them when we make mistakes we admit, apologize, and move forward. We fail a lot, but we aren’t failures because we learn and improve.
- Stay nerdy — we live and breath design, but we also have passions outside of work — rock climbing, coffee, photography, writing — and pursue them to the n-th degree.
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration. Think Patagonia’s commitment to the environment, just extended to the whole world. Some initiatives that we’ve recently worked in are fighting human trafficking, helping foster youth, and serving refugees.
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience
- R\$ 1.000 and 40 hours per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of your choice
- 22 working days of vacation
- Macbook for personal and professional use
- Flexible working hours
- Health and dental insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Transportation vouchers
- Profit sharing plan (PPR)
- Annual investment for courses, training, and conferences
- Contact lens coverage
- Childcare coverage plan
- Laundry service
- Office boy service
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Tell us why you’d be a great culture-add at Liferay (Note — excellent written communication is essential to succeeding in Product Design at Liferay, please include a response to this question in your cover letter)
- Resume or LinkedIn Profile
- Portfolio link