Establishing a strong design practice across products throughout the globe is a high priority for our business. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously working with our existing team based in Spain to continue cultivating a strong design culture there and beyond. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in North America, Latam, Europe, and Asia that are excited to build with you.
About This Position
You’ll be working with one of our product teams working on our cloud platform (DXPC), interfacing directly with Product Managers, Engineering leaders, and customers along the complete software development lifecycle.
Your first 90 days will be:
- Get to know the people, processes, and systems
- Onboard into different product initiatives in various stages
- Add value with your perspective and experience in alignment with our design organization
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Design leadership experience: Contribute as an expert with deep knowledge in one or more product design initiatives — and have experience collaborating with senior managers and practitioners.
- Communication skills: Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. You’ll go far if you can demonstrate this!
- Proficiency with modern design tools and systems: Our design system is in Figma — you don’t need to have experience with it, but you’ll need to learn it quickly, so a track record of tool and system competency is required.
- English: Conversational
- Spanish: Fluent
What do I need to apply?
- Portfolio link
- In your cover letter (nothing formal), include a brief note with feedback on our brand
Cover letter? Do you really read them?
Yes! It doesn't need to be formal — really all we're looking for is a brief response to the prompt.
Note that applications sans cover letter are typically rejected post-haste.
We are offering
- A dynamic, multicultural and friendly workplace.
- Opportunity to help continue to build a premier, leading organization in open source.
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally.
- Strong Work-Life-Balance policy.
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
- An awesome social benefict package
- We have Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice