Based in Madrid, Spain
We make a world-class platform for some of the largest enterprises out there to build dynamic and data-driven user experiences. We’re looking for a senior product designer with strong interaction skills to evolve the experience across our platform to be cohesive and seamless. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and North America that are excited to build with you.
You will be responsible for collaborating with other product designers throughout the platform areas and providing solutions to the complex interactions and patterns they’ve discovered. You’ll also work closely with our design systems team to align on what should be in our system that we use throughout multiple products and what is specific to Liferay DXP.
If researching and solving intricate interaction problems for a robust platform product is an exciting challenge for you to own, you’ll be a critical asset to our team.
Who Are We Looking For?
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Within 60 days, analyze the strengths as well as redundancies in the platform between design and code while providing potential solutions to pursue.
- By 90 days, deliver designs to implement flexible and extensible interaction patterns and components based on the requirements gathered from product and design system teams.
- By 180 days, validate the success of solutions you’ve designed and document guidelines to inform product teams how to use platform components and patterns in design and code.
- 4+ years experience designing complex product interactions with empathy, balancing different user personas’ needs while designing for the edge cases and not the average.
Worked within design systems that you regularly contributed WCAG compliant designs to and helped evolve.
- Delivered products that required deep collaboration with other roles - lots of discussion and problem solving with other designers, engineers, and product managers to deliver the best solution with the given constraints.
- Experience conducting usability studies to validate and measure the outcomes of your designs.
- Advanced or Fluent in English to communicate with the global design team and stakeholders
- Owned or led a scalable component library/design system for a SaaS application that factored in usability best practices, flexibility for a range of use cases, and maintainability to reduce design and code costs
- Lead a visual design direction for a new or redesigned product that accounts for accessibility requirements
- English: Advanced or Fluent
- Spanish: Fluent
How Do Liferay’s Core Values Look in the Design Team?
- Produce excellence — we strive to become masters in our craft, doing the right thing even if no one notices.
- Lead by serving — we’re all willing to do the unglamourous work and always looking for opportunities to help others.
- Value people — we listen first and believe that everyone can contribute because there is strength in diversity.
- Grow and get better — we’re always learning, when we find ways to improve our designs we take them, when we make mistakes we admit, apologize, and move forward. We fail a lot, but we aren’t failures because we learn and improve.
- Stay nerdy — we live and breathe design, but we also have passions outside of work — rock climbing, coffee, photography, writing — and pursue them to the n-th degree.
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration. Think Patagonia’s commitment to the environment, just extended to the whole world. Some initiatives that we’ve recently worked in are fighting human trafficking, helping foster youth, and serving refugees.
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 40 hours per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of your choice.
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally.
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design.
- A positive and collaborative work culture
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Cover letter telling us why you’d be a great culture-add at Liferay
- Resume or LinkedIn Profile
- Portfolio link
We're transparent in how we hire, feel free to read through our hiring process.
Liferay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.