Who Designs at Liferay?
Design is a team sport — while our athletic accomplishments are limited, our commitment to building a strong team is not. We firmly believe in going far together — what this looks like is passion for producing excellence and a patient tenacity to make improvements over time.
To learn more about who you'd be working with, get acquainted with the team!
Who Are We Looking For?
A communication designer to work with our EU Marketing and Regional Marketing teams in our wonderful office in Madrid, Spain. You will do things like:
- Contribute to building, improving and furthering Liferay's brand locally and globally
- Be a Whole Designer™️
What will your first year look like?
Four Words: Integrated Lead-Generation Campaigns
- Contribute to the creative and brainstorming process of campaign development
- Develop concepts and mock-ups for integrated marketing campaigns, landing pages, websites, conference booths and printed collateral
- Bonus points if you've worked on an 'Integrated Lead-Generation Campaign' before
Important bullet points we’re looking for:
- Must speak English fluently
- College degree in Graphic Design and 3-4 years professional experience, preferred
- Experience in taking a project from concept phase to production
- Experience in working with printers/vendors
- Professional knowledge of the Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Adobe AfterEffects, Premiere, a plus
- HTML and CSS, a plus
- Experience with motion graphics/video editing, a plus
- Videography skills, a plus
Are We A Good Fit?
- Are you a highly effective person?
- Can you design sans ego?
- In case we forgot anything, Seth Godin’s list should cover it :)
How Do Liferay’s Core Values Look in the Design Team?
- Produce excellence — we strive to become masters in our craft, doing the right thing even if no one notices.
- Lead by serving — we’re all willing to do the unglamourous work and always looking for opportunities to help others.
- Value people — we listen first and believe that everyone can contribute because there is strength in diversity.
- Grow and get better — we’re always learning, when we find ways to improve our designs we take them, when we make mistakes we admit, apologize, and move forward. We fail a lot, but we aren’t failures because we learn and improve.
- Stay nerdy — we live and breath design, but we also have passions outside of work — rock climbing, coffee, photography, writing — and pursue them to the n-th degree.
Other than this website, where else can I learn more about Liferay?
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration. Think Patagonia’s commitment to the environment, just extended to the whole world. Some initiatives that we’ve recently worked in are fighting human trafficking, helping foster youth, and serving refugees.
- One day home-office per week
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally.
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design.
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development opportunities
That's not enough, what else is in it for me?
You get to sit beside this amazing person four days a week:
OKAY, I'm in — What Do I Need to Apply?
- Tell us why you’d be a great culture-add at Liferay
- Resume or LinkedIn Profile
- Portfolio link