Based in Vimercate, Italy
An exciting opportunity for an early-career designer, you’ll be working alongside a staff designer in the full SDLC (software development lifecycle) of a SaaS (software-as-a-service) product. As a product designer working in our e-commerce area, you will be influencing the design of a platform that helps businesses sell products and services. In this role you can expect to design for a wide range of aspects related to the e-commerce industry such as product management, dashboarding, and machine learning.
Who Are We Looking For?
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Communication skills — Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. We are an international company, so being comfortable communicating in English is required.
- Proactive and eagerness to work with others — Our teams are highly collaborative — the ability to empathize, connect, and succeed with people who are different than you are is critical.
- Fundamentals of Design — Demonstrate an understanding of the 7 principles of design, typography, color theory — you don’t need to be an expert, but having the basic knowledge is beneficial.
- 1+ years experience delivering end to end designs for products and not just sites.
- Problem solving skills to translate complex business processes into streamlined user experiences.
- Owned or worked within design systems that you regularly contributed to and helped evolve.
- B2B Experience
- E-commerce background
- SaaS experience
- English: Advanced or Fluent
- Italian: Fluent
How Do Liferay’s Core Values Look in the Design Team?
- Produce excellence — we strive to become masters in our craft, doing the right thing even if no one notices.
- Lead by serving — we’re all willing to do the unglamourous work and always looking for opportunities to help others.
- Value people — we listen first and believe that everyone can contribute because there is strength in diversity.
- Grow and get better — we’re always learning, when we find ways to improve our designs we take them, when we make mistakes we admit, apologize, and move forward. We fail a lot, but we aren’t failures because we learn and improve.
- Stay nerdy — we live and breathe design, but we also have passions outside of work — rock climbing, coffee, photography, writing — and pursue them to the n-th degree.
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration. Think Patagonia’s commitment to the environment, just extended to the whole world. Some initiatives that we’ve recently worked in are fighting human trafficking, helping foster youth, and serving refugees.
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 40 hours per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of your choice.
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally.
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design.
- A positive and collaborative work culture
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Cover letter telling us why you’d be a great culture-add at Liferay
- Resume or LinkedIn Profile
- Portfolio link
We're transparent in how we hire, feel free to read through our hiring process.
Liferay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.