Growing our design practice in the APAC region is a high priority for our business. We’re looking for a senior designer with experience as a first-hire that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously working to build on our strong design culture here. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in Europe, Latin America, and North America that are excited to build with you.
Liferay is an American software company, Headquartered in Los Angeles and having offices world-wide. Liferay Tokyo is our Asia headquarters.
A high priority for our business is establishing a design practice in the APAC region. We’re looking for a senior designer with experience as a first-hire that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously working to establish a strong design culture here. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in Europe, Latin America, and North America that are excited to build with you.
Primarily, you’ll be working with sales and consulting teams, interfacing directly with prospects and customers along the complete software development lifecycle. Secondly, you’ll establish design in APAC.
Your first 90 days will be:
- Onboard and get to know the APAC business team and the global design team.
- With your manager, build a strategy and hiring plan for growing the design practice in APAC.
- Jump into a customer project with a global logistics brand
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in Japanese with solid, business-level English – written communication is a significant part of our workflow.
- Experience as a Design leader – proven track record leading customer-facing projects, people management experience not required but is definitely a plus!
- Business acumen – being strategic and pragmatic about investing time and effort, while also effectively managing customer expectations.
- Experience designing for B2B/enterprise will help your application stand out!
- Figma expertise – we have a reasonably mature design system, but a new perspective always helps
- A passion for iconography or illustration – never hurts to have someone with an eye for these details
What does the application process look like?
- You send a great portfolio and note, along with your application.
- Our recruiting manager reviews it, and passes it along to our design hiring managers.
- The hiring managers will review your portfolio and application and our recruiter will schedule a short phone call with you to confirm details about your application.
- The recruiting manager will then schedule an interview with your future manager.
- Congratulations! You’ve made it to the final round — you’ll have a group call with some of the other designers.
- We send you an offer letter within 1-2 weeks, depending on internal scheduling and our HR workflow.
Liferay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.